* Paternity Testing
* Maternity Testing
* DNA Testing for Immigration
* Deceased Paternity
* Forensic Testing & Much More!



The court is making me take a DNA test for paternity. How do I get one?

Why do I need a DNA Test for paternity?

dna-test-for-paternity-nyc-lab-01So, the court is making you take a DNA test for paternity. Why? For starters, some people do not know if they are the father of the child in question. The court may need this information for legal matters. Often in these circumstances, the mother and alleged father disagree about paternity and need an official test to prove paternity.

If the mother and father agree about paternity, they are able to file an Acknowledgement of Paternity, which is a legal document stating the paternity of the child. If necessary, this document can be revoked if you later change your mind about paternity.

These paternity tests can help the court decide about things such as custody, visitation rights, and mandatory payment of child support. Sometimes paternity tests are used for immigration purposes. Paternity tests are often issued be the Office of the Attorney General of your state. 

How do I get a paternity test?

top-nyc-lab-paternity-dna-testing-2019-02For a court-ordered paternity test, you will need to visit an AABB licensed DNA testing lab, like our lab. To obtain the DNA sample, we will collect buccal cells, or cheek cells, from inside your cheek using a cheek swab made of cotton. We will then compare your DNA to the DNA of the child.

Each person has a unique set of DNA. All of a person’s DNA put together is called a genome. When people are related, their genomes are more similar to each other than when they are not related. When we compare the genomes of multiple people side-by-side, we are able to see how similar the genomes are. This comparison is called DNA profiling or Genetic Fingerprinting, and is the same process used in criminal investigations to see if someone’s fingerprint or hair matches the genome of the suspect. This genome comparison will give a percentage result.

This percentage represents the probability that the two people- in this case a child and parent- are related. If the probability is 0% then they are not related. If they are related, the probability may be as high as 99.99%.

So, if you receive a paternity probability of 99.99%, then you are the biological father of the child. However, if the paternity probability is much lower, or even 0%, then you are not the biological father of the child. These tests are extremely accurate.

You will receive your results about 4 – 6 weeks after the paternity test. After these results are sent back from our lab, the court will be able to finalize your paternity.

How much can I expect to pay?

paternity-dna-lab-test-costs-03A Legal paternity test is more expensive than a Non-Legal paternity test because it must be done at a DNA testing lab, such as our lab. They can cost between $100-$500. Many at-home DNA tests cost much less than $100, but these tests will not suffice for legal matters and the court will not accept them as valid DNA evidence. Therefore, if ordered to take a paternity test by the court, you must take a Legal paternity test in an accredited lab.

Contact us today to schedule a paternity test appointment with the best DNA testing lab in NYC.

AB DNA Testing
63-11 Queens Boulevard
Woodside NY 11377
718-701-0292

———

References:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_paternity_testing
https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/child-support/paternity/court-ordered-paternity
https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/child-support/paternity/acknowledgement-paternity-aop

Leave a reply

best-dna-testing-court-admissable-ny

AB DNA Testing
63-11 Queens Boulevard
Woodside NY 11377
Phone: 718-701-0292
Fax: 718-458-9700
Email: aabbdnatesting@yahoo.com


Welcome to the Best DNA Testing in NYC!

We offer New York’s BEST AND MOST AFFORDABLE DNA TESTING with a full range of services to verify family relationships.


*
We are open on Saturday & Sunday!
*


Why are we the best?

See the many reasons below:

We specialize in the following types of DNA tests:

• Paternity • Maternity • Grand-parenting • Sibling Relationship • Biological Relationship Studies • Twin Studies • Deceased Paternity • Forensic Testing • Child Identity Testing Ancestry • Family Tree and Genealogy Testing

EXPERT DNA TESTING SERVICES AT THE LOWEST PRICES ANYWHERE!

* EVEN LOWER PRICE THAN HOME DNA KITS.
* NO HIDDEN COSTS – Collection kits, photography, and fingerprinting all included.
* 99.9% (OR GREATER) ACCURACY AND AABB CERTIFIED.
* FINAL RESULTS ARE PRESENTED IN A NOTARIZED DOCUMENT IN A CLEAR AND CONCISE FORM.
* ALL RESULTS ARE COURT ADMISSIBLE.
* OVER 10 YEARS EXPERIENCE.
* NO REFERRALS NECESSARY!
* FAST AND PAINLESS SAMPLE COLLECTIONS, USING BUCCAL (Mouth) SWABS.
* SPANISH, PORTUGESE, FRENCH AND CREOLE SPOKEN.

* PLEASE SEE TRANSLATIONS OF OUR SERVICES IN: SPANISH, BENGALI, URDU, CHINESE AND NEPALESE!

* OPEN SATURDAYS & Sundays!

Located In Woodside Queens, easily reachable from all boroughs (Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx and Staten Island), Westchester, Nassau and Suffolk. 4 Blocks from No. 7 Train (Flushing Line) and Long Island Railroad.


Has your petition been denied? Did you miss your deadline?

Call us.  We have found that in many cases, our personalized service can overturn your denial. We will call the passport office or immigration dept. for you and plead your case over phone verbally.

90% of time they will revoke your denial, as long as you get the required information to them quickly.


AB DNA TESTING

63-11 Queens Boulevard
Woodside NY 11377

Call Today
718-701-0292

Fax: 718-458-9700
Email: aabbdnatesting@yahoo.com